Rice Clinic Payment Policy
- Payments: are expected day of service. As a courtesy, the clinic will verify insurance benefits to determine your estimated patient responsibility. With insurance companies, there is no guarantee of payment. All insurance copayments, coinsurances, deductibles, and account balances are patient/guarantor responsibility.
- Self-pay visits: Patients will sign a self-pay contract and all payments are due on the day of service.
- Telehealth visits: the clinic will call patient after a telehealth visit for checkout and scheduling of future appointments. All unpaid balances and accounts with payment non-compliance will require payment prior to scheduling future appointments.
- Credit/debit card: information is required and stored in clinic secure system for automatic payments for copayments, coinsurances, deductibles, and account balances. Card on file will be charged once services are rendered. Payments may be made with Visa, Mastercard or Discover. It is patient’s responsibility to notify clinic of any changes in card information. Payment plans are available and can be discussed further with a billing representative. You retain the right to contest charges with your credit card company or contest EOB determinations with your insurance company. Rice Clinic diligently assists patients with this, often appealing even before billing the first time.
- Insurance: Rice Clinic participates with many insurance networks. Using an in-network provider will usually require lower out of pocket costs for patient. If patient chooses to see an out of network provider, Rice Clinic will file the claims and patient will be responsible for the full amount day of service.